Friday, September 4, 2009

First Few Days in London! Finally!!

We just got internet in our rooms (it's the second night so it wasnt't a terrible hardship going without it for a night) so I can finally post a blog!

We landed in London around 9:30 yesterday morning (4:30 east coast time). Both of my suitcases arrived on time and in good shape. The two girls I am travelling with, however, were not so fortunate. One of the girls was missing one suitcase and the other, my roommate this semester, was missing both. I leant her some shirts for yesterday and today but I felt so bad for her. The suitcases finally arrived around 11 pm this evening so that's a huge sigh of relief.

We are located in Regent's Park which is this absolutely STUNNING park in the heart of London. It's basically a five minute walk to the tube stop, and then from there you can get anywhere in London or anywhere in Europe really, because the international train station is on a tube stop not far from the closest tube stop to me. I'll post pictures of the park on Sunday hopefully, because it is truly breathtaking.

Tomorrow we're hoping to do a sightseeing tour of London, as the last two days have been spent getting settled in, meeting with our class advisors and doing group activities. This evening we went on the Jack the Ripper Walking Tour all around old London and it was fantastic. There is so much history in this city, so much to see and do and to take in. I feel like I could spend the next four months here and never grow tired of everything I am experiencing.

I'll post again on Sunday about all the weekend activities and later in the week about classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment