Thursday, October 1, 2009

Happy October!

Happy October! I blog very sporadically and I feel bad, but I'm pretty busy (fortunately).

This weekend we're going to see Stonehenge, which apparently you can't get very close to it at all but still, how could I come to London and not see Stonehenge.

Next weekend three of my friends are visiting from Ireland (two from Belfast and one from Cork). It'll be awesome to show them around London, it's too bad they can't stay longer because there is so much to do here.

Three weekends from now I'll be journeying to Spain with my friend (who is here studying with me) and we'll meet my mother in Barcelona. We'll be in Barcelona for a few days and then we'll head to Madrid. Hopefully getting out of this stuffy London air will do me some good, I've been trying to kick a miserable cough for over two weeks now. Being in this city is not doing a thing for my asthma.

The first weekend in November we're going to Cork to visit our friend who is studying abroad in Ireland.

The second weekend in November we're thinking either Krakow, Poland or Munich, Germany. I'd also like to get to Flanders, Belgium, and that might be the best weekend for that trip.

The third weekend in November we're headed to Norway. I'm really excited to try and test of the little Norwegian I know, and hopefully get to the Viking Museum and maybe see the Oslo Fjords (we'll be in Oslo).

The following Monday Hillary gets on a plane and comes to London (she won't arrive until Tuesday morning) to visit, which is very exciting. I'll show her around London for a few days (though I'll be in class until Thursday) and then on Thursday my friend's family is coming and we're all going to Paris for the weekend. Hillary and I will come back early so that I can get her on her flight home Sunday morning.

By then it will be the first weekend in December and three of my friends and I are going to Disneyland Paris. I absolutely cannot wait for this trip.

After that we only have one free weekend before finals start, which I'm sure we'll be using for studying. Then we have some free time after finals, but we leave for home on the 20th of December (which will be another adventure in and of itself).

So we have a lot planned for the future, hopefully I'll get to see some more musicals (I've already seen Sister Act the Musical and I want to see the Birdcage and Billy Elliot) and get outside London a little bit more with classes or day trips.

Happy October everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment